xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Far Cry Details Revealed  (Read 474 times)

KAGE360

• Archived User
Far Cry Details Revealed
« on: January 11, 2006, 12:35:00 PM »

even though it has been known i guess only rescently it has been offcially announced by ubisoft.  i thought far cry looked damn good for a xbox game though i didnt play it more then a few minutes.  im curious to see what improvements will come to the 360 version and how much better it really will be.  but with the game coming out in spring means that it is more of a port then a game built from the ground up for the 360 which may be dissapointing depending how the game turns out.  

Ubisoft has revealed the identity of the Xbox 360 Far Cry installment, which was exposed last month, along with a new Xbox edition. Far Cry Instincts Next Chapter will continue the adventure on the Xbox, featuring a new story, characters, and game features. While on the Xbox 360, Far Cry Instincts Predator will include both Next Chapter and an enhanced version of the original Instincts. Most importantly, the Xbox 360 version will boast improved AI, while tossing more on-screen enemies in the mix. Both Next Chapter and Predator will debut this spring.

http://www.joystiq.c...x-and-xbox-360/

IronestMaiden

• Archived User
Far Cry Details Revealed
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 12:38:00 PM »

oh fuck ya

lets hope we can add a few pc vehicles on this game of 360 and i wont ask for much else other than some real hot blond(blue eyes) to finish me off

oh ya judging by the success the first farcry was on the first xbox thats half the reason they are porting the already existing pc version of this wonderful game

Deftech

• Archived User
Far Cry Details Revealed
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 12:40:00 PM »

Bring it!

Joergen

• Archived User
Far Cry Details Revealed
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »

New screens on xboxyde (360 and xbox), though people might disagree I think the 360 shots (while being 4:3, WTF MAN) are pretty good on the technical aspect (not necessarily what comes to utilising the power for best appearance) but the xbox1 shots are so fake its hurting their 360 PR.

Faking PR photos from high resolution shots downscaled and photochopped is starting to hurt some of these companies when they can only do so much to display the next-gen titles. If you show a hires xbox1 "screenshot" with mega-AA you should then show a 2048x1280 "screen" of your 360 title.

xbox1 games actually run at 640x480, are full of jaggies and absolutely no AA. Dont forget it.

Joergen

• Archived User
Far Cry Details Revealed
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 03:12:00 PM »

On second thought I think they might all be from a pr-frenzied Xbox1 version. Case in point (with the uber rez screenshots) look at the ones at http://ve3d.ign.com/

1600x1200. Nice xbox1 oc there buddy. Too bad the gui graphics are from a GBA game.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Far Cry Details Revealed
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 04:55:00 PM »

since when did far cry have a blow gun? (i only played pc)

alsybub

• Archived User
Far Cry Details Revealed
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 05:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Joergen @ Jan 11 2006, 10:19 PM) View Post

On second thought I think they might all be from a pr-frenzied Xbox1 version. Case in point (with the uber rez screenshots) look at the ones at http://ve3d.ign.com/

1600x1200. Nice xbox1 oc there buddy. Too bad the gui graphics are from a GBA game.

When running on devkits I thought that they could screen capture up to ridiculous resolutions since it's all done in software rather than using the output. Also when you say that the xbox only puts out in 640x480 and has no AA I assume you mean on FarCry specifically.

QUOTE(IronestMaiden @ Jan 11 2006, 07:45 PM) View Post

oh fuck ya

lets hope we can add a few pc vehicles on this game of 360 and i wont ask for much else other than some real hot blond(blue eyes) to finish me off

oh ya judging by the success the first farcry was on the first xbox thats half the reason they are porting the already existing pc version of this wonderful game

'Porting'? I fucking hope not! First of all we need a new game and secondly FarCry (PC) is dated graphically. - it feels strange saying that about a game which truelly blew me away a couple of years ago.

Gimme Half Life 2 and FEAR on 360!

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Far Cry Details Revealed
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 01:04:00 AM »

the best thing about this game was the reflection of the sniper rifle lens, i love being a sniper, but man people learn quick when they see the flash.

KAGE360

• Archived User
Far Cry Details Revealed
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 10:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(corkinator @ Jan 12 2006, 04:46 AM) View Post

Improved AI and more enemies on screen?

How about hi-res, detail textures, HDR lighting (which the latest PC patch can do through console commands) and high poly models?

Very good for an Xbox 1 game, but if they just take that and port it, then very disappointing for a 360 game.

i dont know why you guys think all were getting is a port.  the 360 version will have a port of the original AND the sequal so far only labelled far cry: next chaptor.  also its being developed by ubi. montreal so i have a lot of faith in them.

its all here in this quote...
Far Cry Instincts PredatorTM for Xbox 360TM video game and entertainment system from MS will feature both Far Cry Instincts Next Chapter and an enhanced version of the original Far Cry Instincts game. Offering the kind of lush and deep natural environment true to the Far Cry® brand, Far Cry Instincts on Xbox 360 will captivate gamers with its enhanced graphical reality and gameplay. Giving gamers the opportunity to discover the Far Cry universe in an optimized, high-definition environment, the game takes advantage of Xbox 360's multi-core next-generation engine for improved performance. Gamers will experience advanced pathfinding and new enemy and vehicle artificial intelligence for improved chase scenes and more enemies on-screen at one time, allowing for more adrenaline-rushing fast-action sequences. Far Cry Instincts Predator and Far Cry Instincts Next Chapter are slated for release in spring 2006.

esc1

• Archived User
Far Cry Details Revealed
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 10:54:00 AM »

I don't think I would complain to have a new game such as Far Cry for an option, even if it is only a little more distinct from its Xbox counterpart.