xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: E 64 Error Code  (Read 1098 times)

towncarblue

• Archived User
E 64 Error Code
« on: February 02, 2020, 09:11:00 PM »

i went to remove the epoxy from the firmware chip[heat gun] to install the ribbon adapter. i decided to check the xbox 360 after i removed the epoxy[put it it together and turned it on]. to my surprise it gave me a error code of E 64. upon further analysis i noticed that the dvd drive is not spinning when i turn on the xbox. i also cant eject the current dvd that is in there.  i noticed that the 'panasonic chip' next to the firmware chip [big one] gets warm.  did i overheat the chip?
can anyone give suggestions on how to test or what to look for?

podger

• Archived User
E 64 Error Code
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 05:56:00 AM »

Did you connect the power connector the wrong way or not at all.... E64 menas it can't find the DVD drive

NookularDeath

• Archived User
E 64 Error Code
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 09:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(towncarblue @ Feb 16 2008, 10:11 PM) *

i went to remove the epoxy from the firmware chip[heat gun] to install the ribbon adapter. i decided to check the xbox 360 after i removed the epoxy[put it it together and turned it on]. to my surprise it gave me a error code of E 64. upon further analysis i noticed that the dvd drive is not spinning when i turn on the xbox. i also cant eject the current dvd that is in there.  i noticed that the 'panasonic chip' next to the firmware chip [big one] gets warm.  did i overheat the chip?
can anyone give suggestions on how to test or what to look for?

probably induced a cold solder joint on the Flashchip. When the chip isn't making a good connection to the board, the drive will appear dead.

towncarblue

• Archived User
E 64 Error Code
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 11:06:00 AM »

i tried to connect the xbox 360 dvd drive to the pc and it does show up on the pc but i cant do nothing with it.
i tried to turn on the xbox 360 without the dvd drive sata cable installed and it booted up to the dasboard.
im not sure if i connected the dvd drive power supply backwards, it only connects one way, the other way it has to be forced.

This post has been edited by towncarblue: Feb 17 2008, 07:08 PM

podger

• Archived User
E 64 Error Code
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »

Well that's probably good news, a lot of noobs don't really notice that they are forcing it... You will have to re-check all your work, you have a bad joint somewhere, it's probably not a short or you would get nothing at all....

The drive won't work in the 360 as the passkey will force mode-b when it detects stock firmware... You can disable this by shorting the 2 pads if you like, just to test..

Seriouly just check your soldering, you have a bad joint....

This post has been edited by podger: Feb 17 2008, 07:32 PM

towncarblue

• Archived User
E 64 Error Code
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 12:04:00 PM »

i think i messed up this install. where can i send this dvd rom to be fixed or switched to a v78 firmware

This post has been edited by towncarblue: Feb 17 2008, 08:23 PM

nabatson

• Archived User
E 64 Error Code
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 01:39:00 PM »

Check your power connector as well.  If the passkey is installed correctly and it doesn't get the +3.3v it will E64.  I encountered this after I successfully flashed my firmware.  The passkey has to be removed from the FCC connector for the drive to behave normally.

Try unhooking the passkey from the fcc cable. And see if your drive boots.

This post has been edited by nabatson: Feb 17 2008, 09:40 PM

towncarblue

• Archived User
E 64 Error Code
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 02:25:00 PM »

the dvd drive still does not boot. the passkey is not receiving any power. even when i disconnect the cable. the pc is now not registering the dvd drive

nabatson

• Archived User
E 64 Error Code
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 02:56:00 PM »

Try to re-install the passkey.  While you have the connector off, make sure your drive will boot.  double check that its not bricked.

towncarblue

• Archived User
E 64 Error Code
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 04:07:00 PM »

well....  
i couldnt get it to  work. i thought that my xbox 360 was now a paperweight.
i sent the dvd drive over to  " Grim187 " and he got the dvd drive key for me .
he also got me a replacement drive with the key in it.
 Grim187 pretty much got it and sent back the same day.
thanks to him i only missed my xbox 360 for a week.
THANK YOU  GRIM187

advice::
 if you want to dvd firmware hack your v79, instead of a passkey id recommend swithching your drive for a v78 or lower. ITS ABOUT THE SAME PRICE.  i had to learn the hard way and pay twice, on top of that i got a passkey that i didnt get to use

towncarblue

• Archived User
E 64 Error Code
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 06:55:00 PM »

now i got a problem.
i tried to use slax to get into mode b , it keeps telling me than an error occured
but the drive takes two presses of the eject button to open. i booted up maximus ixtreme firmware toolbox.
i got to direct drive dump and it dumped the firmware [ using classic dump firmware as ]. here is where the problem comes in....
firmware toolbox tells me that it is a HITACHI GDR3120L-0059 [ROM VERSION]  & FIRMWARE SPOOFED AS
GDR3120L00790.

i tried 'smart hack patcher' and it worked [ dont know what rule set to use , i just used the one that was highlighted.
after its been generated i go to  'direct drive flash'  differential flash(patch) .
i keep getting errors ' cannot find drive to start'
what am i doing wrong?

towncarblue

• Archived User
E 64 Error Code
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 07:28:00 PM »

nevermind . fixed it myself. now i can play my backups (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)