xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Snes Controller On Xbox  (Read 288 times)

Setzer

• Archived User
Snes Controller On Xbox
« on: October 25, 2004, 11:17:00 AM »

If I get this.....

SNES USB Adapter

and this.......

Xbox USB Adapter

Will I be able to play SNES games using a SNES controller on my Xbox using the xSNES9x emulator?

This post has been edited by Setzer on Oct 25 2004, 06:22 PM

yalborap

• Archived User
Snes Controller On Xbox
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 12:20:00 PM »

I believe that the creator of the emulator was working on support for that.

Also, there's a thread a little ways back that shows what you do for such a task.

angrypants

• Archived User
Snes Controller On Xbox
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 05:49:00 PM »

That won't work right now, a set up like that would require drivers to be added to the snes emulator to support that control which at this point are not there. If you where to buy this stuff right now expecting it to work it wouldn't function at all. I havn't heard anything about support for this being added to any snes emulator but I could be wrong and I would hold off on it until it is acctually anounced and implemented into some sort of emu because otherwise it would just gather dust.

scryed

• Archived User
Snes Controller On Xbox
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 08:50:00 PM »

There will be no USB controller support. If you want a SNES cotroller, then you must hardwire one by soldering with an xbox controller.

:beer:

fauljosh

• Archived User
Snes Controller On Xbox
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 09:12:00 PM »

I'm working on an SNES to Xbox controller.  If I ever get it figured out I'll post a complete tutorial on how I did it.  It'll probably take me a while cause I don't have a lot of free time.

xerxes3rd

• Archived User
Snes Controller On Xbox
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 02:30:00 PM »

It can be done; however, it requires quite a bit of hacking.  I successfully modded an old Genesis controller for use on my Xbox.  Note that after modification, the Genesis controller will no longer work on a Genesis.  Here's my tutorial: http://www.xerxes3rd.net/projects/Genesis_...roller_on_Xbox/