xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Going From Premium To Elie  (Read 257 times)

Cannibalistic

• Archived User
Going From Premium To Elie
« on: April 24, 2007, 11:58:00 AM »

Hey All,

How can I transfer all my game saves, achievements and most importantly, the games that I have purchased with MS Points, to the new Hard Drive?

The only reason that I am going for the Elite is the HDMI connectivity: You see I have a 40" Sony XBR3 LCD TV that has 4 HDMI connectors and only ONE VGA one. I have to physically connect and disconnect my current Premium (using the VGA cable) and my Gaming Laptop. As you can imagine it is a pain in the neck. Since my TV has 4 HDMIs, I thought it is best to get the Elite.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 12:23:00 PM »

Profile/Xbox Live Account/Achievements/Friends list:
Log on to Xbox Live with your account on your old xbox... this will update the Live servers with all your info... double check your profile on xbox.com to make sure all your achievements are there, friends list, etc.

Fire up your new console and perform account recovery... VIOLA all of that stuff is on the new console

Save Games/DLC
There are three options:
1. Buy a memory unit, copy everything from the premium to the memory unit. Some save games like DOA4/DOAX2 will not copy, it's just the way they are  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)  Also some content will be too big for memory units. Once it's loaded up stick it in the Elite and copy everything from the Memory unit to the hard drive.

If you do this method you should transfer your profile the same way as you'll need to log into your profile to copy the save games.

If you have to take multiple trips do your profile and all of your saves first.

2. Find an Xbox 360 SATA transfer cable from someone who bought a 120GB Hard Drive... use that to dump all of your 20GB drive's content to your 120. This is the easiest and most reliable method... but you need to track down that elusive cable. I'm guessing eBay or the BST is your best bet.

3. Buy any of numerous Xbox 360 hard drive adapters for your PC. Dump your 20GB to your PC then from the PC to the 120GB... this is homebrew software too, so there are no guarantees and no one to hold accountable if anything gets screwed up. The nice part though, is that you can create a backup image if you desire and you can leave the 20GB data intact (the official cable MOVES the data, this method COPIES it.)

*NOTE: changing consoles invalidates the internal ID on any downloaded content including game maps you may have bought and Xbox Live Arcade games. What this means is that on your new console the account that purchased the content will have to be logged into Xbox Live to use it... as soon as you log out of Xbox Live it's as if you don't own it.... XBLA games will become trials etc. This is unavoidable   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 12:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Apr 24 2007, 12:54 PM) *

Also some content will be too big for memory units.

With the new 512mb memory cards, how many titles wouldn't be able to be transferred from xbox to xbox? I can't think of any, but thats me.