xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Omg Fixed Red Ring Of Death Error?  (Read 197 times)

Mustache Murder

• Archived User
Omg Fixed Red Ring Of Death Error?
« on: August 20, 2006, 09:03:00 PM »

Alright well the other day i got the 3 lights of death, called MS and found out i would have to pay $129 to get it fixed *sigh*...  So i figured maybe if i smack it around it will start working again... Nope. I forgot about it for a few days tried again still same error.  So tonight i was messing with it again let it boot to the red error lights.  I then discovered if you press the controller connect button and eject button at the same time the ring changes. Well doin this a few times it changed to 2 red lights blinking.  Left it there a min, it restarted the xbox error free...  WTF....?   Try it maybe it will work for you it did for me!  Is this some reset mode you can access like when you have to reset an Ipod or something?

Mustache Murder

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 09:27:00 PM »

and i just relized it was error codes to show what was wrong, im dumb.  It got it working again but not for too long.  Damn thought i lucked out. I think i might just return it to Walmart, maybe i can argue with them and get an exchange i got it the night it came out so they may not exchange it lol.

jtom617

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 10:18:00 PM »

damn man, you had me going!! if that would of fixed it, i would shit myself, and eat it..  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)