xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 360 PGR3 Bundle in Mexico too but Not Coming to USA  (Read 450 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Xbox 360 PGR3 Bundle in Mexico too but Not Coming to USA
« on: August 05, 2006, 06:52:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | August 5 20:16 EST

We already reported a few days ago that Canada got a Xbox360 Pro Bundle with PGR3, 3 months of Xbox Live Gold and 1250 Marketplace points for the same price (499CAN) as the normal Pro pack.
Kotaku.com now reports that Xbox Mexico also announced a PGR3 bundle (but from what we can tell, it looks like it's without the 3 months of Xbox Live Gold and 1250 Marketplace points) for $5499 pesos.

What about USA you wonder? Hidden at the bottom of an article over at GameSpot I found this interesting quote:

Microsoft reps confirmed to GameSpot that the bundle is heading north of the border[Canada] sometime next week.
Canada may not only be the place to go for cheaper prescription drugs and Molson XXX beer, it may be the only place to pick up this bundle. Microsoft says it currently has no plans to release the PGR3 bundle stateside. "This is a Canadian-only bundle, so speculation about a US version will not be realized."

Grand_Poobah

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 06:18:00 PM »

Well that settles it for me. No more waiting, I'm off to buy a 360. Fuck waiting for a deal.

GeToChKn

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 06:29:00 PM »

Bout time use Canadians get something since we get screwed price wise all the time.  It's only $399 for a prem. bundle in the states, but $499 in Canada.  Exchange rate is only 1.12, so a $399US console, should only cost $449CA but yet we $50 more for no reason whatsoever.

heydricas

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 06:38:00 PM »

don't worry, the peso exchange rate is 11:1 so the "bundle" with PGR3 is about $500 US dollars. Then the PGR3 is costing $100 US dollars  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

so stick with regular premium consoles, and buy ANY game you want  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

and for the canadians, they get diferent promotions, as americans do, like the Arcade Party, where you get a free pizza, some points and music downloads.

stop complaining, even with the bundles, americans get the best of xbox 360, always.

This post has been edited by heydricas: Aug 6 2006, 01:43 AM

jtom617

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 07:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(heydricas @ Aug 6 2006, 01:09 AM) *

don't worry, the peso exchange rate is 11:1 so the "bundle" with PGR3 is about $500 US dollars. Then the PGR3 is costing $100 US dollars  blink.gif

so stick with regular premium consoles, and buy ANY game you want  dry.gif
and for the canadians, they get diferent promotions, as americans do, like the Arcade Party, where you get a free pizza, some points and music downloads.

stop complaining, even with the bundles, americans get the best of xbox 360, always.

true true  pop.gif

GLiTcH

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006, 08:54:00 PM »

I was hoping to see this bundle here.. guess i'll wait till gears comes out then.. dry.gif

bigBoe

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2006, 11:11:00 PM »

Hmm...first time poster here, but been roaming around...Weird, I saw this bundle at the two Costco's i went to this weekend here in Southern California for about $480...Gonna pick one up tomorrow. Hope this helps  smile.gif

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 12:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(bigBoe @ Aug 5 2006, 09:42 PM) *

Hmm...first time poster here, but been roaming around...Weird, I saw this bundle at the two Costco's i went to this weekend here in Southern California for about $480...Gonna pick one up tomorrow. Hope this helps  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Costco's bundle isn't an official M$ bundle.  They just like to throw a couple accessories and a game or two togehter with consoles and sell them at fairly decent prices; they've done it with all the consoles I can remember...

I've seen 'em too, here in AZ.  It's just a costco bundle.

heydricas

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 01:39:00 AM »

also, the bundle thing IS NOT new in Mexico   rolleyes.gif

Back in may, there was the FIFA WORLD CUP 2006 BUNDLE:

1 XBOX PREMIUM PACK
1 FIFA WORLD CUP 2006 game
1 Limited Edition Adidas World Cup 2006 Faceplate

it cost about $580 US dollars back then  sleep.gif

So, the PGR3 is the SECOND OFFICIAL MS bundle (at least in Mexico)

swishaha

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 08:33:00 AM »

classic ms advertising.  suprised they didnt release a ruby case with the pack.  seems strange that ms always offers special bundles to other regions than the usa; there best market.  tho this is only a system/game combo, it wont be long til they are offering crystal 360's in the uk.  ah well thank god for 3rd party sellers, they can offer us all the things ms wont.

icefreon

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 11:09:00 AM »

The Costco / Sams Club bundle is as follows:

1. Premium system (hard drive, wireless controller)
2. PGR3 game
3. 2nd wireless controller
4. Recharge pack and cord
5. remote (some do some dont)

for the price of $489.00

Thats where I picked up mine from right after Xmas.