xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dont Edit Xbox Codes, Change How They Are Sent  (Read 343 times)

HeLiuM

• Archived User
Dont Edit Xbox Codes, Change How They Are Sent
« on: December 30, 2002, 07:29:00 PM »

it wont let u connect if u dont send it SOMETHING.. and its the xbox live end thats blocked, not the xbox end. fooling the xbox wont change nething on the xbox live part. banning is done on the server, which is why flashing a backup of a since-banned eeprom wont fix anything

qwenky

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2002, 07:33:00 PM »

No, I was talking about fooling the MS end of the line. I was also taking about doing it befoe you were banned. So. you have your modchip on and you load a xbox live game, you try to connect. The xbox sends out the banned sign, but the computer captures it and sents out a unbanned signal. Then from then on the two can talk back and forth because it only checks once right. cussing.gif

HeLiuM

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2002, 08:02:00 PM »

thats the thing. theres no "banned" signal.  it sends information about its eeprom, and xbox live checks whether its banend this eeprom. how to full this? flash another eeprom. thats all we can really do for now.

emailer33

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2002, 08:04:00 PM »

i thought about this before, but with a different method.  you'd have to do some packet search and know when to act, but intercept hte CRC of the bios and "correct" it w/ the real CRC of an xbox bios.   ohmy.gif  wink.gif  rolleyes.gif  but you would have to have some good equipment to intercept the host the xbox is trying to get to, and then have a program taht will send the intercepted packets to the correct xblive server.

emailer33

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2002, 09:05:00 PM »

well we wouldn't have to filter it in real time.  and it would be possible w/ some easy hardware.  we could just fine where hte CRC is sent by gettin' the CRC of the bios and jsut scanni'n the packets for it.

emailer33

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2002, 10:38:00 PM »

lol that would be just running an original bios then. i think what you mean though is hacking the xodash.xbe since it is what retrieves the CRC.

mod7

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2002, 08:35:00 AM »

I have the tools to change the udp packets on the fly.   I dont have time to analyze the packets.  You analyze them tell me where the differences are in a banned and non banned crc and we might get lucky.  One thing to think about though is the packets coming back to the xbox.  I have brought this up in previous threads a month ago is just simple arp poisining and a man in the middle attack with a filter.  Not too hard alot of  *nix programs can do this.  I just have one xbox though and to do the procedure I would have to be banned once.  Oh and plz scan with snort, nai sniffer pro, hailstorm, or retina scanner (whatever it's called)from eeye.  They have enough detail to save the stream and look for packet differences.

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2002, 08:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (mod7 @ Dec 31 2002, 03:35 PM)
I have the tools to change the udp packets on the fly.   I dont have time to analyze the packets.  You analyze them tell me where the differences are in a banned and non banned crc and we might get lucky.  One thing to think about though is the packets coming back to the xbox.  I have brought this up in previous threads a month ago is just simple arp poisining and a man in the middle attack with a filter.  Not too hard alot of  *nix programs can do this.  I just have one xbox though and to do the procedure I would have to be banned once.  Oh and plz scan with snort, nai sniffer pro, hailstorm, or retina scanner (whatever it's called)from eeye.  They have enough detail to save the stream and look for packet differences.

The kerberos authorization varies based upon time sync to prevent this type of "man in the middle" tinkering.

In effect you would need to figure out the whole authorization scheme including the key encryptions, then insert a filter (Ahhh Linux!) to handle changing things on the fly.

But therein is the problem, you need to know their key scheme first.

This entire discussion prior to your post seems a bit academic and uninformed.

qwenky

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2002, 01:31:00 PM »

This probably sounds stupid, but what does CRC stand for? cussing.gif

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2003, 12:42:00 AM »

crc means SEARCH GOOGLE!

rAph

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2003, 01:41:00 PM »

CRC - Cyclic Redundancy Check. It's an error checking scheme. Each different bios (or file, for that matter)has a unique CRC. It's nothing you can change.