xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Frame City Delayed Because Its Fugly :)  (Read 634 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
Frame City Delayed Because Its Fugly :)
« on: February 01, 2006, 01:56:00 PM »

Namco explains its decision to delay Frame City Killer on Xbox 360 - it's all about the graphics and gameplay

12:52 Namco's 360 action game Frame City Killer has seen some negative press recently, following the release of some less-than-spectacular screenshots from the game last month. In response to the feedback, Namco delayed the game beyond its initial February Japanese release date and are now feverishly working away on new features, as well as upping the title's visual splendour.

Speaking to Famitsu, producer Kentaro Kawashima and director Masaki Kunimori touched on why they chose to delay the game. One of the problems the developers had to deal with was the Epic's Unreal Engine 3. "The Unreal Engine itself is an exceptional engine," commented Kunimori, "but there are many areas that are not yet complete, and it will take some time for us to do customizations."

Kawashima added, "If we hadn't used Unreal Engine 3, the situation would have been even worse. This time, we learned quite a bit, so next time we use Unreal Engine 3, I believe development can go more smoothly."

"This is an area where, the more time you take, the better it will become," said Kawashima. "Of course, our graphics lead is having to work hard."

In addition to the visuals, the FCK team has been using the additional development time to dream up some new game features. Kunimori revealed plans to add new side missions to the game, as well touching on the possibility of online functionality. Kunimori explained that he envisions a game environment where players are constantly exchanging data and sending messages back and forth online. Whether this makes it into the final game remains to be seen.

Frame City Killer is currently penned for a Summer 2006 release.

griffin XXI

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 02:11:00 PM »

Glad to see, those screens were nasty!

adfinder23

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 06:55:00 PM »

That is good, because those shots looked about as appetizing as a corn kernel in Oprah's shit. I recall someone on here saying that it was the game's style. Well, if so, they realized their style sucked ass and decided to change it. It looked like they were trying to look real, but using graphics from the N64, so if that was style then I'd rather have graphics.

I had zero interest in this game after those shots, so if they improve it they might get some interest out of me.

prankfurter

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 06:57:00 PM »

i was really looking forward to this game. I just wished it looked even a bit better... well i got my wish biggrin.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 07:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(adfinder23 @ Feb 1 2006, 09:02 PM) View Post

That is good, because those shots looked about as appetizing as a corn kernel in Oprah's shit. I recall someone on here saying that it was the game's style. Well, if so, they realized their style sucked ass and decided to change it. It looked like they were trying to look real, but using graphics from the N64, so if that was style then I'd rather have graphics.

I had zero interest in this game after those shots, so if they improve it they might get some interest out of me.

Holy shit did that catch me offguard  laugh.gif

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 08:13:00 PM »

I like the brick walls

IPB Image

rotfl.gif      rotfl.gif      rotfl.gif

mgamer20o0

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 08:15:00 PM »

i hate when they rush any games. they are never going going to sell as good if took the time on the game. maybe this gen we will see more complet better games.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 08:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heet @ Feb 1 2006, 10:20 PM) View Post

I like the brick walls
IPB Image
 rotfl.gif      rotfl.gif      rotfl.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(CC)

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 08:08:00 AM »

Oh man, I couldnt believe those screens.

Are they planning to release the game on my genesis as well?